“Argo” takes place at the airport in Tehran. Six Americans, having hidden in Iran for three months, are taking this one chance to get out of a country that’s embroiled in revolution and anger. Their cover is that they’re part of a science-fiction film crew; their guide is Tony Mendez, a C.I.A. operative.
I wasted $3.99 and my time watching this documentary like movie. . It has to be the worst movie I have ever seen. I usually love Ben Affleck, He is one of my favorite actors. I can not even imagine why he chose to do this part. The plot was bad. It was poorly written. It seems since it was a true story it would have been easy to write. I wonder how this movie could have gone so wrong In most bad movies there are at least a few good lines but not this one. I do not think even one actor in the whole movie did a good job. I can not remember the hostage incident but it had to be more interesting than this movie. I would not recommend this movie to anyone.
- Tony Mendez, the real CIA spy in Argo (bbc.co.uk)
- Chat with Mendez and Affleck about “Argo” (fox4kc.com)
- Argo – Ben Affleck’s gripping CIA thriller sends reality into a tailspin (guardian.co.uk)
- The Argo Winning Streak (freebeacon.com)
- The Wired Origins of “Argo” (newyorker.com)
- ‘Argo’: What Really Happened In Tehran? A CIA Agent Remembers (wnyc.org)
- Serena withdraws from Dubai with back injury (kansascity.com)
- Carter: ‘Argo’ great but inaccurate (politico.com)
- Taylor takes issue with ‘Argo’ screenwriter (metronews.ca)